Atlanta. A city that has really grown on us. Never did we ever imagine of actually residing here… 15 years has gone by, and here we are. Not to sound completely biased, but we do consider Atlanta as the “underdog city.” Despite failed attempts of convincing out-of-state friends about how amazing this city is for a visit, we often find ourselves completely surprised by the Peach City and its rich history. Did you know that:
- the world famous “Gone with the Wind” premiered in this very city
- Julia Roberts was born in Smyrna, a town 20 minutes away from Atlanta
- the tallest building in the southern US is here: The Bank of America Tower
- there are more than 65 different streets with the phrase “Peachtree”
- this is home to 2 Nobel Peace Prize winners: Martin Luther King Jr. & President Jimmy Carter
Stacy and Jay had the privilege of getting married at the Piedmont Driving Club, a premier wedding venue tucked in the heart of the city of Atlanta. It was originally founded in 1887 as the Gentlemen’s Driving Club where members “drive” their horses and carriages on the club grounds. The private club then used the surrounding grounds as a golf course until it sold the land to the city to create what is now known as Piedmont Park. You can definitely smell the air of prestige throughout every hallway!
To the newlyweds: we can only wish you the very best in your marriage. May your tomorrows be better than your yesterdays. May you explore new heights and depths with each other. And, as modeled by the city of Atlanta and foreshadowed by your gorgeous wedding venue, may your marriage be as grand and rich in history as you grow wiser and leave behind a legacy for the world to see.